Scratching, itching, hot spots; your pet’s itchy skin can drive both your pet and you crazy. Worse, if the cause of that itchy skin is left untreated, serious health problems for your pet may ensue. Some infections may be zoonotic i.e. transferable from pets to humans and vice versa.
Diseases of the skin and ears are among the most common reasons pets visit us. Dermatology problems such as these can leave your pet feeling uncomfortable and affect the quality of your companion’s life. The good news is that these problems need not be tolerated.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and in the tropics, varied bacterial, fungal, yeast and parasitic infection affects pets throughout the year. Happy Tails does its best to successfully manage these complicated skin infections with the support of our dedicated microbiologists and diagnostic bacteriology and mycology laboratory.
Conditions we often treat
- Allergies and allergy-induced skin diseases
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Chronic ear infections, inflammation and other ear problems
- Hot spots
- Infectious diseases that can be contagious from pet to human, and from pet to pet
- Nutritional imbalances that lead to skin disorders and food allergies
- Parasitic skin disease
- Skin cancer and skin cysts
- Skin disease caused by systemic disease or cancer
- Toenail problems